Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Great start to a busy week!

First of all, thank you to EVERYONE who came down to Forest City last night for the meet. There were a ton of great swims, and all of our swimmers did a fantastic job. I also really appreciate the parents, grandparents, and other family members who helped time and officiate. We can't make the meets happen without you, and I heard from numerous Forest City parents who wished they had enough people willing to help to do four shifts like we have adopted for our meets this season.

I wanted to remind everyone of a few things as we begin the last half of this busy week:
  • We swim Granite Falls at home on Thursday, so PLEASE sign up if you haven't done so. It was a close meet last time, and we will need all hands on deck. I will be doing entries Thursday after the morning practice. It will be a longer meet, so please come prepared. It is really important swimmers stay hydrated and out of the sun (prior to the meet, too!).
  • I will also send out text messages tomorrow to make sure we have our first shift workers for the meet, so if you want to be proactive, please go ahead and message me, either through remind or e-mail. 
  • If you haven't picked up your shirt or cap this year, please pick it up at the meet tomorrow night. They will be at the concession stand. 
  • We will have both AM and PM practices on Friday.
  • Finally, 11 and up swimmers have the Sprint/Distance Meet Saturday morning in Forest City. This is always a fun meet. In the event you haven't already done so, please sign up.
Every year we send out a survey for you all to give us feedback. This morning I went ahead and sent out a link to a google form for you to go ahead and lodge any questions or comments to me regarding the team, league, whatever. I want to encourage you all to please use this. I will take some time over the next few days to do whatever I can to address your thoughts and see how we can use them together to make VTST a better organization.

We will still send out the end of season survey in late July, but it has come to my attention that some of our members have had some concerns that hadn't been aired, and I wanted to go ahead try to find a way to make myself as available to you as possible. PLEASE, if you have any concerns, come talk to me and I will try to address them the best I can. If I don't know about them, then I can't work to help resolve things.