Good morning, Torpedo Family!
This Saturday morning, June 12, will be our first meet of the season! Please have your swimmers ready to warm up at 8am.
There are going to be a few changes for this meet that we are trying out for future home meets.
1. Tents will not be allowed on the pool deck. You can set these up in Rotary Park and on the tennis courts.This will be the case at other pools, as well. We hope this will make it a little less dense on deck and easier for you to watch your swimmers. The gate to Rotary Park will be opened for everyone to move on and off the deck. Please do not enter the pool deck from the tennis courts; that gate is for swimmers only.
2. Clerk of Course will be at the entry from the tennis courts to the pool deck. Swimmers will need to go there to check in for their events and then will go as a heat to the blocks.
3. Please have your swimmers pay attention to their events and the announcements from clerk of course. We don't want anyone to miss their swims!
4. We are still in great need of volunteers. I would love to see a member of each family volunteer for at least one shift. We won't be able to run the meet without you all as volunteers. Please sign up via SignUpGenius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084cabae2aaaf58-vtst4. There is something everyone can do to help. If you're curious about what everything is, please check out this previous post on the subject: http://vtst.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-most-important-person-at-our-meets.html
5. We will be using stopwatches this week as the timing system needs a tune up before we can put it in to use.
Your swimmers have been working hard over the last two weeks, and this should be a fun event! See you all at the pool!